Celebrity Cruises has unveiled for the first details about what travellers can experience on board the brand’s newest resort at sea, Celebrity Ascent, when it sets sail this December out of Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The fourth ship in the cruise line’s Edge Series, Ascent will transport guests to some of the Caribbean’s popular destinations like the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgin Islands, before departing to Europe for a summer of Mediterranean cruises to Greece, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and France.
On board Celebrity Ascent, guests will enjoy the signature experiences of the brand’s Edge Series ships, including its industry-first outward facing design that maximizes views and outdoor areas allowing guests to connect with the world around them, a robust food and beverage program with 30 plus choices from casual to fine dining to satisfy all palates, plus spacious and sleek staterooms in a breadth of accommodation options catering to all travellers from solo adventurers and couples, to multi-generational family groups.
Incorporating all the features that made her sister ships in the Edge Series a TIME magazine “World’s Greatest Places,” Celebrity Ascent will bring back favoured signature experiences, like:
• The Theatre takes entertainment at sea to a new level with state-of-the-art technology and experiential, imaginative performances.
• The Rooftop Garden – the ultimate outdoor haven where guests can enjoy live music, movies, infinity float pools, and even al fresco dining at the Rooftop Garden Grill.
• The Spa – Where holistic wellness takes center stage through 120 destination-inspired treatments, the SEA Thermal Suite featuring eight distinctive therapeutic experiences inspired by nature, plus specialty treatment beds, a full-service salon and barber.
• The sprawling Resort Deck – Featuring a main pool lined with cabanas, two-story martini-glass-shaped hot tubs, and The Solarium, an adults-only, tranquil spa-inspired retreat built for relaxation and complete with pool, hot tub, and loungers.
• The Sunset Bar designed by Nate Berkus – Where an international beach club ambiance meets fresh sea breezes and boundless views.
• The Magic Carpet – The world’s first cantilevered lounge and gathering space at sea sits on the edge of the ship, offering a new way to drink, dine and socialise while enjoying unobstructed panoramic views.
• Inventive culinary experiences like the three-story Eden Bar and Restaurant featuring floor-to-ceiling views, or the fully immersive and animated Le Petit Chef dinner.
• The Grand Plaza and Martini Bar stuns guests with an interactive chandelier and jaw-dropping Flair, Flash, Fusion bartender shows.
• Modernized accommodation options such as the Infinite Veranda, which transforms from window to terrace with the push of a button, and the AquaClass staterooms built for wellbeing-seekers that are packed with thoughtful design and exclusive amenities.
Celebrity Ascent will treat guests to a culinary journey that includes new experiences like:
• Redesigned Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud restaurant – First featured on Celebrity Beyond, the brand will continue its partnership with Boulud and introduce his second restaurant at sea. The reimagined space will offer an intimate fine dining experience inspired by the chef’s travels.
• Plant-based tasting menu at Eden Restaurant – Bringing guests closer to the earth through a culinary journey rooted in untouched, fresh and seasonal ingredients.
• Never-before-seen Le Petit Chef dinner – The crowd favourite dinner will feature an all-new animation and menu to match.
• Bourbon offerings and tastings – expanding on existing whiskey tastings, Craft Social will now offer high-end bourbons and new tasting seminars.
• More martinis at the Martini Bar – Aligning with the trend of low-sugar cocktails and fresh, crisp ingredients, the Martini Bar will feature brand-new creations and an expanded menu including lychee and passion fruit martinis.
• Revitalized main dining experience – Once again featuring four complimentary main dining options, each with a signature menu and rotating nightly dishes, Ascent will feature a redesigned Cosmopolitan restaurant inspired by the culture of champagne.
• Outdoor terrace at Blu – The clean-cuisine restaurant exclusive to AquaClass guests will feature an outdoor terrace with 24-person seating that will be available for daytime dining, from al fresco brunches to lunches.
Entertainment, art, and retailOn board Ascent, travellers will enjoy enhanced entertainment, art and retail offerings like:
• Nightly entertainment – As the sun sets the Resort Deck becomes the centre stage for the ultimate nightlife experience treating guests to an open-air celebration with live performances, live music, and a DJ creating a pulsating dance floor.
• New production shows – Building on Celebrity’s award-winning entertainment, the brand is partnering with industry-leading creatives to introduce three spectacular new productions shows in The Theatre, new interactive digital experiences and shows in The Club, and new engaging immersive shows in the Eden Bar and Restaurant, all featuring world-class dances, vocalists, musicians, and specialty artists.
• Redesigned Casino floor and brand-new games – A first for Celebrity Cruises, Ascent will feature an all-new gaming floor complete with a new layout, new design featuring deep reds and golds, and all new slot machines with the latest technology.
• Redesigned Art Gallery – The new space is thoughtfully reimagined, allowing guests to better experience priceless art pieces, and enjoy exclusive auctions and art events.
• The Sunset Collection by Nate Berkus – A collection of chic travel and home accessories available exclusively onboard Celebrity Ascent.
With a vast array of dates and itinerary options catering to all kinds of travellers, Ascent is slated for an exciting winter Caribbean and summer Europe season. Options to sail include:
• Join a monumental celebration by taking part in the 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Maiden Voyage on Dec. 3, 2023.
• Caribbean sailings that take place from mid-December to early April 2024, including the 7-night Bahamas, Mexico and Grand Cayman itinerary or the 7-night San Juan, Tortola and St. Kitts.
• Celebrate the holidays at sea during the 7-night Bahamas, Mexico and Grand Cayman Holiday Cruise departing on Dec. 24, or ring in the New Year on the 7-night San Juan, Tortola, and St. Kitts cruise departing on Dec. 31.
• Kick off the summer with the ultimate Mediterranean getaway on the 9-Night Italian Riviera and France itinerary; or cross Rome, Naples, Mykonos, and Santorini off the bucket-list during the 12-night Best of Greece and Italy itinerary.
“I am so excited to introduce the world to Celebrity Ascent and continue the legacy of Celebrity’s Edge Series,” says Celebrity Cruises’ President, Laura Hodges Bethge. “First launched in 2018, the Edge Series transformed what cruising could be and its ships like Edge, Apex and Beyond quickly became consumer favourites. Continuously striving to offer travellers a better way to enjoy travel and reach the world around them, we are so proud of what we have built and look forward to welcoming both seasoned and new cruisers alike.”
First published at Travel Industry Today