Who: Marriott International, Inc.
What: A grand opening celebration for Marriott International’s new global headquarters, marking the company’s next chapter of innovation, service excellence, and putting people first. The 21-story, 785,000 square-foot LEEDv4 Gold-certified facility is home to corporate associates supporting over 8,100 hotels in 139 countries and territories.
Media interview opportunities with executives will immediately follow the ribbon cutting ceremony; please request when you RSVP.
When: Monday, September 19, 2022, at 11 a.m. (please arrive by 10:45 a.m.)
Optional Tours of the building available beginning at 9 a.m.
Must RSVP by Friday, September 16, 2022, for access: RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD
Highlights: The Grand Opening will include an activation of Marriott associates representing its 30 global brands; remarks by CEO Tony Capuano, Chairman of the Board David Marriott, and President Stephanie Linnartz; and optional tours of the building.
By the Numbers:
Marriott’s new headquarters includes several unique elements:
- Associate cafeteria, named The Hot Shoppe in a nod to the company’s first restaurant, with 9,500 square feet for dining, including 350 indoor seats and 100 outdoor seats
- Grand floating staircase with mixed seating allowing for large-scale gatherings
- 20-foot-tall moving work of digital art in an ultra-high-resolution video wall that wraps around the elevator bay. The digital art wall is visible from the outside and provides immersive experiences with places and environments from around the world
- 7,600 square feet of outdoor garden space accessible by associates on the 20th floor; additionally, the building has a green, planted roof
- 2,842 workspaces, including offices, workstations and flexible spaces
- 180 conference rooms
- Daylight in majority of occupied spaces
- Nearly 20,000 square feet of open, flexible, modular, and virtually collaborative workspace for individuals or group meetings
- Proximity to the Bethesda Metro Station, Capital Crescent Bike Trail, and multiple bus routes
- Five levels of parking under the building, including 66 EV charging stations
- Lockable bicycle parking inside garage for 100 bikes; dedicated locker rooms adjacent to bike storage for cycling commuters
- Certified LEED Gold Core and Shell, LEED Gold Commercial and Interiors (pending), and Fitwel three-star certification
Editor/Producer Note: If you have questions about the building, want to see professional photography in advance of September 19, 2022, or arrange an interview with a company executive, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Read original article at Marriott Hotels